A lovely story from the Prophet's (saws) family life!

Discussion in 'Marriage' started by Irfan Ullah Khan, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Irfan Ullah Khan

Irfan Ullah Khan CEO & Co-Founder Staff Member Inner Circle Member Brother (Verified)

Ratings:
    +209 / 2 / -0
    I came across a hadith in Sahih Bukhari, so here I am sharing it with you:

LESSONS FROM THE HADITH:

1. This hadith does not imply that the Prophet (saws) used to favour Ayesha (RA) over the other wives. It was just that he had more love towards her and we know that a man is not in control of his heart, so he cannot be accounted for that. The husband is accountable when he treats his wives on unequal / unjust terms.

2. The wives of the Prophet (saws) were human beings and not angels, so they were prone to the feelings of jealousy, which is a normal thing in women.

3. It has lessons for husbands as to remain patient while treating the jealousy and other matters between co-wives.

What do you people say about this hadith?

2. Aliyu

Aliyu Active Member Brother (Verified)

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I say its a lesson for us men to be patient with women, since its their nature. May Allaah increase us all in imaan.... Amiin

3. Lubna Sajid

Lubna Sajid Member Sister (Verified)

Ratings:
    +71 / 1 / -0
    :mad:Yeah but this days how many men are patient with their wifes..if food served late...

4. Sulaiman A. Alagunfon

Sulaiman A. Alagunfon Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Jazakumullah Khayran, the hadith was wonderful.

5. Taophic

Taophic Member Brother (Verified)

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    It demostrates to us that in dealing women we have to exercise a lot of Sarcrifies. May Allah make it Easy

6. Haifa Sidd

Haifa Sidd Member Sister (Verified)

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Very interesting ......it is Allah who control our Heart...

7. jameelu

jameelu New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    In my view, fatima (R.A) knows the prophet (s.a.w) loves Aisha (R.A), and they all love each other, contrary to the believes of some groups nowadays.

8. Luqman Khan

Luqman Khan Coordinator HMF Staff Member Moderator Inner Circle Member Brother (Verified)

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Completely agree with this. They all are ahl-e-bayt and all of them loved each other (even if there was some jealousy).

9. Abou Faaiz

Abou Faaiz Moderator Staff Member Moderator Brother (Verified)

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    Enormous lessons are inherent in the aforementioned hadith....High Level of Subr (Patience) on th part of the husbands, Ikhlas (Sincerity) on the part of the wives and Shukr (Thankfulness) on the part of both parties, basically for Allah to pour utmost tranquility into the home. Allah Knows Best.

10. Farouk

Farouk New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Jazakaallah, in my view the hadith is the lesson to both parties in favour of sabr (patience) but our prophet(SAW) loved Aisha (RA) very much.

11. M. Thiam

M. Thiam New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    A brother asked to marry me (I would have been his third wife) and when I sat to meet him, he made me laugh and my heart fell in love with him. I refused his marriage proposal (I had always perfected to have a co-wife) with great hesitation because I had fallen in love with him and I could not stop thinking of him. I started to feel jealousy that I had never experience in my life. I refused his marriage proposal because I believed that the love I felt for him had to be from Shaytan and it frighten me. I never want to love a man more then I love Allah. It is my love for Allah that has allowed me to be a good companion to my husband. I never experienced any regret and I often think of him, but my answer remains the same, no! Loving for the sake of Allah has been the best love experience for me.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)